Location: Europe or East Coast US/Canada
Reports to: Managing Director of Policy
Hours Per Week (Average): Full Time
We Mean Business (WMB) is a global coalition of nonprofit organizations, working with the world’s most influential businesses to take action on climate change. We are working to transform the world economy so that it is on track to limit global warming to 1.5°C in ways that deliver sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity. Through unprecedented collaboration, we catalyze business action and drive ambitious policy to halve emissions by 2030 and accelerate an inclusive transition to a net-zero economy by 2050, at the latest.
- Research and synthesize climate-relevant policies and trends internationally and in priority geographies and sectors, for the policy team to identify opportunities and priorities for advocacy
- Support the policy team with the development of advocacy strategies/campaigns and coordination of partners around these, in close collaboration with partner geographic policy leads, sectoral leads, and corporate action campaign leads
- Research and create overviews of relevant policy makers and business leaders to influence around key international events, such as G7, G20 and COP, and brief WMB team members and relevant partners
- Coordinate the development of grant proposals and track progress on grant delivery to time, budget and achievement of KPIs
- Participate in relevant meetings, coordinate the policy team’s interaction with other WMB teams, and liaise with relevant partners from across the WMB network best suited to influence.
- Coordinate meetings, travel, filing and knowledge management of the policy team