Location: San Francisco, CA
Clearway Energy Group is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. Along with our public affiliate Clearway Energy, Inc., we own and operate over 7.5 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As we develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, Clearway’s 5 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of nearly 8.8 million metric tons of carbon emissions for our customers today. Clearway Energy Group is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and Princeton, NJ. For more information, visit clearwayenergygroup.com.
The Analyst, Project Development will support the development of renewable energy projects across the U.S. as a key member of a team charged with the development and execution into construction of Clearway Energy Group’s 10 GW solar, wind and battery storage project pipeline.
The successful candidate will have 1+ years of full-time work experience in the renewable energy industry or a closely related sector (e.g., utilities, infrastructure, project finance), with a experience and interest in advancing their understanding of various foundational elements of renewable energy project development. In addition to having a basic understanding of the U.S. energy sector, candidates will have excellent organizational, project management, quantitative analysis and communication skills.
- Provide project management and execution support to Clearway development projects; execution support will span initial project proposal and siting, diligence, bidding, permitting, design, interconnection, approval, contracting, financing, and handover to construction
- Perform project due diligence and market research on greenfield development and acquisition opportunities, including review of enabling legislation or market dynamics, site control documents, title reports, permitting requirements, surveys, interconnection studies, utility tariffs, power purchase agreements, and financial model/budget assumptions
- Provide input where required for off-taker Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in coordination with other functional groups
- Input, maintain and update key project databases, schedules and tracking tools to enable project and portfolio-level analysis and management reporting of development status
- Coordinate and enable communication, payment and transactional activities with landowners, consultants and utilities.
- Support various facets of discretionary permit application submittal and correspondence
- Prepare and maintain project overview materials in advance of quarterly development meetings and regular investment committee meetings
- Assist in project and portfolio-level budgeting exercises
- Identify and propose process and procedure improvements to support project execution
- Assist or lead on other strategic and/or research projects as may be defined