UNITED KINGDOM / SUSTAINABILITY / FULL-TIME
At Sourceful, we are on a mission to help businesses to do better - environmentally, socially and economically. The world needs action on climate, and businesses also need affordable solutions.
Sourceful helps businesses with product sourcing for their supply chains, from packaging (boxes, tape, envelopes, stationery) to finished goods using technology to digitise and optimise the sourcing flow. 75% of the carbon impact in an industry comes from the supply chain (product and logistics). With the development of new materials, better energy sources and consumer awareness, the momentum is shifting, but we want to accelerate that change.
Sourceful was founded in June 2020 by Wing Chan, Ex-CMO and CTO at The Hut Group (LSE:THG £1Bn in Revenues in 2019) and is Venture Capital backed by some of the leading angels and investors in Europe.
Like any growing and ambitious business, we work in a fast-paced manner and are looking for self-starters who can manage their own workload and shift priorities on a day-to-day basis.
We are looking for a junior to join our LCA team to help build a leading capability. This person will work with our LCA Product Lead and Head of Sustainability to build datasets, end-to-end LCA studies and support the deployment of a dynamic LCA tool in our purchasing platform.
- Work with our LCA Product Lead to build a leading Life Cycle Assessment capability from the ground up, working across the end-to-end process, including:
- Build detailed product assessments based on engagement direct with manufacturers to understand specific manufacturing processes including materials usage/wastage, energy usage, process heat consumption, location and logistic components.
- Go deep into LCI databases to identify appropriate datasets and make adjustment where appropriate to align with our specific supply-chains, alongside our LCA Product Lead.
- Conduct focused literature reviews to identify assumptions for difficult-to-estimate products and processes, selectively diving deep where required.
- Develop LCA insights to support client projects as they identify packaging pathways and to provide science-based insights for our marketing activities.