ABOUT ENERGY FOUNDATION
Energy Foundation’s mission is to secure a clean and equitable energy future to tackle the climate crisis. We envision a healthy, safe, equitable economy powered by clean energy. We believe a thriving clean energy economy can create sustainable opportunities, spur innovation, and protect our climate—for today and future generations.
Energy Foundation supports education and analysis to promote non-partisan policy solutions that advance renewable energy and energy efficiency while opening doors to greater innovation and productivity—growing the economy with dramatically less pollution. For more than 25 years, Energy Foundation has supported grantees to help educate policymakers and the general public about the benefits of a clean energy economy. Our grantees include business, health, environmental, labor, equity, community, faith, and consumer groups, as well as policy experts, think tanks, universities, and more.
We are a complex, multi-site, multicultural nonprofit organization with big plans for the future. Under the leadership of our CEO, Energy Foundation has embarked on a major strategy refresh, a prioritized commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and rapid geographic expansion.
Our comprehensive approach advances energy efficiency and renewable energy in the power, transportation, and buildings sectors. Our programs focus on developing innovative policies and campaigns to help propel clean energy development in these sectors. The Venues team is a cross-disciplinary team of policy, communications, and campaign experts dedicated to advancing strong state and regional climate and clean energy policies. The Policy team works to deliver strategy and network support services to our issue-focused grantees and funding partners. And the Strategic Communications team develops powerful narrative and communications strategies designed to build support for our work regionally and nationwide.
Energy Foundation’s founding office is in San Francisco, CA, with regional offices in Raleigh, NC; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; and Las Vegas, NV.
The Campaign Strategist will spearhead new and manage existing multi-venue campaigns to advance clean energy and climate action in the U.S. This position will work collaboratively across Energy Foundation’s (EF) national and regional program teams to execute specific campaigns across multiple state, city, and regional venues.
This position could be based in San Francisco or in any of EF's regional offices in Chicago, Las Vegas, Raleigh, or Washington, DC.
- Develops new multi-state/cross-regional campaigns, collaboratively and in coordination with EF regional teams.
- Develops fundraising plans/strategies for new campaigns and works with Vice Presidents on fundraising.
- Oversees discrete multi-state or cross-regional campaigns.
- Executes strategies for linking city, state, and regional campaigns to federal advocacy efforts.
- Develops best practices and strategies for engaging new and diverse constituencies in clean energy and climate advocacy across multiple venues.
- Provides campaign strategy advice to EF National programs, and works with them to execute and test strategy ideas in cities, states, regionally, and federally.
- Designs, recommends, and oversees integration approaches and structures between EF advocacy campaigns and other advocates and networks.