We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The New Energy Solutions (NES) business area reflects Equinor’s long term goal to complement the oil and gas portfolio with profitable renewable energy. NES shall deliver a safe and profitable renewable business. NES aims to do this with the support of Equinor’s oil and gas competence, project delivery capabilities and ability to integrate technological solutions. NES consist of the following business clusters: North Sea (NOS), US East Coast (USE), Emerging Regions (EMR), Renewable Solutions (RES), Power and Markets (POM), Business Development (BD).
Our ambition is to become an offshore wind major and enabler for low-carbon solution. Delivering on this ambition means a step up in scale and geographical scope of our renewable and low carbon activities. New Energy Solutions (NES) Business Area shall deliver a safe and profitable renewable business. NES aims to do this with the support of Equinor’ s oil and gas competence, project delivery capabilities and ability to integrate technological solutions. NES consist of the following business clusters: North Sea (NOS), East Coast US (USE), Emerging markets (EMR), Renewables Solutions (RES), Power and Markets (POM), Business Development (BD) Equinor Wind US is the subsidiary established to manage Equinor’s US offshore wind business. The company has office locations in New York, Connecticut and Boston. Equinor is the third largest offshore lease holder in the US market, and is rapidly growing its organization after our first offtake contract was secured for the Empire Wind project in New York in July. Equinor will be an active participant in upcoming RFPs and will take an active part in shaping the offshore wind market in the US.
This position can be located in our Boston or Stamford offices.
- Supervising preliminary work to identify Point Of Interconnection (Independent System Operator (ISO) and Transmission/Utility Analysis)
- Filing Interconnection request with ISO and/or negotiating with plant owners
- Handling interconnection request alongside the project (meetings with ISOs)
- Reviewing technical studies, identifying upgrade costs and risks
- Coordinating with 3rd party studies: technical system study, LMP/Commercial Merchant Study (outages, curtailment congestion risks)
- Supporting the electrical system design team (Wind turbines, Electrical System Designs, Permitting, etc)
- Engineering Procurement, Equipment-Contractor Verification and sign off during construction phase of project
- Ensuring compliance with ISO/Utility manuals and specifications
- Executing and negotiating Interconnection Agreement
- Providing support on Business Development opportunities on the East Coast and across the USA
- Participating in industry forums/discussions on renewable grid transmission challenges.
- Familiar with East Coast ISOs: ISO-NE, NYISO, and PJM
- Familiar with Regulatory orders that may benefit renewables (FERC, AWEA)
- Following evolution of local and Federal regulations
- Working knowledge of ISO/Utility interconnection Tariffs
- Strong background on US electrical systems, regulation, and norms
- Experience from developing renewables/fossil assets, transmission systems, or working with Utilities
- Experience with HVDC, or offshore wind is an upside
- Knowledge of US/EU electrical system differences is an upside
- More than 7 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- High integrity and commitment to Equinor’s values
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with remote teams and diverse nationalities
- Strong problem-solving mindset and value-oriented approach
- Structured and target driven with well-defined goals
- Ability and motivation to get to know Equinor’s business practices
- Team player, trust builder, collaboration oriented
- Able to deliver results in a high-pressure environment
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VISIT THE POSTING TO LEARN MORE