Location: Burlington, VT
Are you passionate about energy efficiency, building science, or clean energy policies and interested in applying your skills to create a positive impact? If so, we’d like to hear from you! Energy Futures Group (EFG) is a busy, ten-person consulting company with headquarters in Hinesburg, Vermont (just outside of Burlington, Vermont), with a satellite office in Canton, New York and remote employees in Massachusetts and New York City. We perform a wide variety of energy-related consulting work from developing a net zero energy home program in Vermont to critiquing the energy efficiency plans of major utilities across the U.S. and Canada to providing electric planning expertise to clients in Puerto Rico. We take pride in producing high quality work, often for public-interest clients, that helps enable a cost-effective transition to a clean energy future. Learn more about us and our work at www.energyfuturesgroup.com.
Energy Futures Group seeks a Senior Analyst based in our Hinesburg, Vermont office to support senior staff. This position involves research, analysis, and writing on a variety of projects. The Senior Analyst will primarily be focused on projects related to electric and natural gas energy efficiency and strategic electrification. However, projects are likely to include topics as diverse as:
• developing an energy rating system for home mortgages,
• analyzing markets for and the environmental and economic impacts of cold climate heat pumps for heating and cooling,
• supporting clients promoting energy efficiency through financing mechanisms,
• evaluating utility plans to provide electric and/or natural gas energy efficiency to customers,
• assessing opportunities for strategic electrification, and
• analyzing utility plans to acquire wind, solar, storage and natural gas-fired power plants.
The Senior Analyst will also provide some administrative assistance in the form of proposal writing, editing content for EFG’s website, and other related tasks. Additionally, the Senior Analyst assists with development and management of components of projects and may lead the management of some smaller projects, where appropriate.
Some experience is required. Candidates who are an ideal fit for EFG are curious, passionate about energy, detail oriented, eager to work collaboratively with others, and able to understand and help others understand complex topics. The preferred start date is summer 2020.