CAN International seeks to appoint a web developer for its new website.
Deadline: 30 June 2020
Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1300 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 130 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels. CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional, and national climate issues. CAN has regional network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world. More information on CAN may be found here.
CAN launched its first website in 1998 and was overhauled in 2013 to highlight important publications, press releases, actions and news into what it is today: http://climatenetwork.org/ CAN is initiating a project in 2020 to refresh its current website (www.climatenetwork.org) with the goal of updating the design and streamlining the structure to provide a better user experience for our audiences. After thorough desk research and a series of consultations, it was decided that the new CAN website should meet the following requirements:
1. Migration from current Drupal 7 to a new Wordpress site
2. Security and site management features (i.e. CPanel, SSL Certificate, Cloudfare)
3. Integration with Mailchimp and potentially other CRMs
4. Membership database in map format
5. Possible additional features/plug-ins such as donation button, intranet, online petitions, etc.