The role will involve working within the Solar Department to provide technical advisory services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of solar projects. The services will include technical advisory work including owner's engineer and independent engineer assignments for a range of customers spanning developers, financial institutions and government entities.
The work will involve the management of complex commercial and technical projects, resourced from multiple internal business units, alongside the management of customer interfaces. These projects are expected to be mostly in solar PV but may also involve coordination of hybrid projects including wind, battery storage, CSP or other renewable projects. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide commercial and technical leadership for a team of up to 11 engineers, ranging from junior to senior levels.
Work with the renewable energy team to promote and deliver DNV GL’s Technical Advisory Services and work with solar experts worldwide to develop the MENA market. Deliver contracts in accordance with agreed budgets, profitability and time frames and to the satisfaction of the Customer.
Lead provision of technical advice to Customers including:
- Feasibility studies, preliminary and final energy production assessments, technology review
- Specification assistance for all aspects of solar project design, procurement and construction
- Assist Customers with procurement including contract negotiation and tendering
- Technical due diligence of pre-construction and operational projects, identifying project risks and suggesting risk mitigation strategies
- Support with Commissioning and testing
- Other ad-hoc advice and general project advice
- Due diligence activity to include: data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.