Location: Pittsfield, ME
Kleinschmidt has an opening for an Environmental Field Technician based out of our Pittsfield, Maine office to collaborate with our team of scientists, engineers, and regulatory professionals on a range of biological field surveys relating primarily to water quality and fisheries. The opening is a temporary position for approximately 12 weeks duration starting in late June.
- BA/BS Degree in Fisheries, Aquatic Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Coursework and/or experience with biological field work, with preference toward a working knowledge of fisheries, water quality, wetlands, and/or wildlife
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, and able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to safety protocols
- Must be able to travel (driving distance) for in-state and out-of-state fieldwork
- Must be comfortable working in and around the water, with the ability to lift at least 50 lbs., and work in remote, outdoor locations under a variety of environmental conditions
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States and the ability to acquire authorization to work in Canada.