Location: Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
- Develop and execute ESS management strategy for client's real estate portfolio, implementing programs to reach energy, waste, and water savings goals and targets by identified timelines.
- Manage energy benchmarking and assessment using internal digital platforms; analyze energy consumption metrics to identify opportunities and create control plans to sustain energy savings.
- Manage identification and prioritization of energy and sustainability capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy/water consumption. This could include HVAC upgrades, lighting retrofits, building envelope enhancements, demand response and controls strategies, plug load management, employee engagement, and evaluating cutting edge technologies and services.
- Provide leadership and direction for the retail building automation system operations when it comes to design guidelines, process improvements, and program upgrades.
- Oversee waste management strategies to support our client's waste reduction goal.
- Manage the evaluation of financial viability of projects for budgeting and approval.
- Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy and sustainability activities, metrics (cost savings, energy, water, waste), and achievements on prescribed intervals or as requested by client. Communicate plans and progress to all levels of staff through presentations and meetings.
- Advise, coach, and support building staff (facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying, scoping, and implementing energy efficiency improvements
- Be a subject matter expert in all areas of energy and sustainability to provide expertise, as needed.
- Collaborate with other JLL energy and sustainability managers to learn best practices and publish case studies developed on client account for benefit of all firm clients. Leverage JLL Energy & Sustainability Services expertise including renewable energy, energy supply procurement, and building intelligence tools to meet client goals.
- Establish a positive rapport with both JLL and client staff and management to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Actively participate in the sales process by presenting findings and recommendations to potential clients.
- Proactively learn new technologies and strategies to keep ESS service products leading-edge.
- Occasional travel with majority virtual collaboration. Physical location for this position will be in the Richmond, VA, McLean, VA, Plano, TX, or Chicago,IL office locations.