Location: Chicago, IL, United States
We are looking for an individual who is aligned with these priorities and who will be responsible for managing a variety of projects for multiple sectors, including office, hospitality, retail, healthcare, and industrial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development lead for Energy and Sustainability Projects in the US Central Region; assumes a lead role in the development and execution of strategy to win work, bringing in new clients and collaborating across all business lines to augment JLL services and grow the business.
- Collaborate with Energy and Sustainability Services team to share knowledge, develop client relationships, and deliver successful projects.
- Oversee Energy and Sustainability team to ensure successful project implementation and completion.
- Provide leadership in sustainability consulting for clients across the JLL platform.
- Advance leadership and recognition of JLL within the commercial real estate and AEC industry.
- Responsible for the successful development and delivery of all activities related to achieving environmental and sustainability objectives for projects. Projects are typically fit-outs, retrofits, building upgrades, energy and sustainability projects, and new development.
- Participate in legislative and code compliance and energy and sustainability optimization for buildings and tenant improvements. This includes technical advice as well as business case development, requiring knowledge and ability to develop cost and savings data.
- Develop and implement energy projects and capital plans for energy efficiency measures for projects, buildings, and portfolios including HVAC, BMS, lighting, lighting controls, plug load, plug load controls, envelope and other measures.
- Consistently demonstrate subject matter expertise on energy performance, health and wellness, water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, materials and resources, policies and programs, and sustainability in the built environment.
- Represent JLL in local, regional, and national industry/public forums and with clients as a senior representative of the firm.
- Demonstrate high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Design and execute marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Maintain, develop, source, and cultivate client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.).
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all firm-provided technology as required.
- Convey best practices to team members; contribute in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Demonstrate highly visible commitment to creating a "one-firm firm" by utilizing cross-discipline teams to meet client needs.
- Act as a resource to advise client on available funding, grants, incentives, etc. for sustainable initiatives, that can help offset initial capital costs.
- Lead the development, evaluation, and implementation of energy and sustainability projects. Focus on developing a complete turnkey project scope, budget, schedule, and business case and support effective project implementation.
- Lead, manage, inspire, and collaborate with all team members to develop, make the business case for investment, and manage the implementation of energy efficiency and environmentally responsible projects of all types.