World Wildlife Fund, Inc , Washington, DC
The Program Officer would work primarily to manage corporate engagement across Freshwater & Food priority initiatives such as textiles, cotton and sustainable agriculture in priority geographies. This role will work closely together with key partners to proactively scope new and strategic opportunities for corporate engagement in prioritized geographies and sectors. The incumbent will conduct research, analysis and initial scoping of potential partners, platforms and opportunities that align with WWF technical offerings and strategic priorities. The Program Officer will also serve to link the Corporate Water Stewardship - CWS partnerships and activities with other Freshwater & Food initiatives and priorities, as well as with those of WWF more broadly. The incumbent may also support the management, oversight, reporting and knowledge management of specific projects and portfolios within the CWS team as needed.
• Supports overall corporate water stewardship initiatives, especially proactive strategic engagement of companies within key sectors such as textiles, cotton and agriculture
• Conducts data gathering, analysis, and engagement with corporates for potential place-based/landscape engagement in priority river basins.
• Supports overall communications, outreach, events and social media related to Corporate Water Stewardship
• Liaison with other Freshwater & Food priority initiatives, Goal teams and network practices.
• Works closely with key influence teams, within the WWF global network including Multilateral Engagement, and USG Policy teams to proactively assess opportunities, challenges and risks related to corporate engagement and water stewardship
• Develops specific relationships with key Private Sector Engagement team members, to develop strategic scoping of opportunities for corporate engagement in Freshwater and Food and WWF priority river basins and aligned with FW strategy
• Other duties assigned by supervisor