Location is flexible between RMI’s offices in New York City, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Boulder, CO; Basalt, CO
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking a Program Marketing Associate to support the marketing and communications strategy and execution for RMI’s Building Electrification program. The program is focused on eliminating carbon emissions from burning fossil fuels in homes and other buildings, with both a national and regional focus. This hire will work as an integral part of the Building Electrification team, while also collaborating with RMI’s broader Marketing & Communications team.
RMI communications plans utilize diverse channels and media. A successful hire will enjoy executing the program communications strategy, both individually and through effectively engaging in-house functional experts in editorial, design, traditional and digital media, and web for the benefit of their programs. They will enjoy working across programs, and with partners and other outside resources, and will have 3-5 years of communications experience. Expertise in the energy system is highly desired.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support communications to both internal and external stakeholders across multiple channels.
- Develop communication content and assets, including brochures, presentations, videos, reports, blogs, concept notes, grant proposals, web content, and social media posts
- Manage communication projects from inception to completion, working with editorial, design, and media to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements
- Write press materials including pitch letters, press releases and fact sheets, and work with journalists, bloggers, social media influencers, and new media (i.e. podcasters) to secure media placements
- Draft and implement content marketing campaigns, including things like social media posts and campaigns, web content, and email marketing campaigns
- Maintain editorial calendar to ensure all program communication activities are coordinated, including things like internal and external publications, speaking engagements, program events, and digital and social media campaigns
- Develop and maintain program content library to provide access to approved content for things like messaging, impact statements, and stats
- Collect and report on metrics associated with marketing campaigns to track progress
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed
- Provide project-specific communications support as needed
- Maintain and grow program-specific contact list in Salesforce/Pardot for direct marketing campaigns, newsletter distribution, and event invitations