PRC’s mission is to lead and promote individual and collective actions to prevent waste and to preserve Pennsylvania’s environmental resources for each generation.
Title: Recycling Operations Specialist
Status: Exempt / Fulltime / Permanent
Salary Range: $33,000 – $38,000 (commensurate with experience)
Supervisor: Collection Events Manager
Purpose of the Position: This position supports the Collection Events Manager to produce PRC’s broad portfolio of recycling programs. The position will broadly support the development and operations of these programs and will occasionally act as PRC’s primary point of contact at our recycling collection events. Position requires routine Saturday work from March – October.
Essential Functions: The Recycling Operations Specialist will assist the Collection Event Manager with the following tasks:
- Program development, funding, operations and reporting
- Oversight of logistics, equipment, materials, etc.
- Public relations, marketing, scheduling, and organizing
- Data gathering, recording and analysis
- Research of new material opportunities and/or recycling partners
The Recycling Operations Specialist will also support Collection Events through the following:
- Participation in industry-relevant webinars and or conferences
- Oversight and maintenance of inventories for all required equipment and supplies
- Assistance with maintenance of the PRC van in coordination with the Managing Director to ensure safety, compliance, operability and appearance
- Staff PRC’s main Collection Event phone line directing callers to appropriate staff resources and answering customer questions
- Support of other program and PRC functions as directed by Collection Events Manager.
- Reports directly to Collection Events Manager
- Supervise and assist volunteers and contract laborers as directed
- Coordinate with contracted recyclers and site owners
- Interact with public, vendors, volunteers, sponsors and others
- Works closely with other PRC staff
- High degree of proficiency operating computer systems, including Microsoft Office 365 and Office programs, desktop publishing, e-mail, and internet
- Familiarity with standard of office equipment
- Event equipment including hand-trucks, pallet jacks, carts, ladders and traffic control devices
- PRC’s dual fuel (WVO/diesel) 2003 Mercedes van and a variety of rented vans and box-trucks.
- BA/BS degree preferred, prior work with non-profits desired.
- Passion for conservation and/or interest in waste diversion and recycling preferred.
- 2 years work experience in related field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have valid PA drivers license and provide own transportation to PRC and offsite events.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and routinely on Saturdays
- Must be willing to occasionally work in excess of 40 hours per week
- Common sense, organized, accurate, team player, sense of humor, and willing attitude are essential qualifications.
- Must be self-motivated, dedicated to accomplishing the task, able to take initiative, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Must be people oriented, able to work well with other staff and professionally represent PRC to the public and media.
Physical Requirements: (e.g., lifting, reaching, climb, push/pull, etc.)
Must be able to work outdoors in prevailing elements, lift/carry/deploy event equipment including signs and traffic control devices. Must be comfortable driving cargo vans and small box trucks.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurances, paid vacation, sick and personal leave, retirement with employer contribution.
PRC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Pennsylvania Resources Council to employ the man or woman best qualified for the job regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or marital status.
Visit the website to apply.