POSITION: Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator for Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation www.PaParksAndForests.org
REPORTS TO: President
Mission: PPFF’s mission is to inspire stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests through public engagement in volunteerism, education and recreation.
Vision: Building the voice for Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Operating Values: * Integrity * Conservation *Excellence *Diversity *Innovation *Inclusion
Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator: If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for an important cause, and impact critical programs, the position of Outreach and Public Coordinator at the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation may be right for you. Reporting to the President, the Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator will be an integral part of a dynamic team and is responsible for utilizing the appropriate tools and strategies to advance our mission, educate decision makers, and build a base of stakeholders.
The Public Relations and Outreach Coordinator will use social and print media to engage stakeholders in our mission while building a volunteer base to work on park and forest projects and serve as a voice for issues threatening our parks and forests. The Coordinator will support the work of the friends groups and coordinate a strong message across all platforms and departments.
He/she will work cooperatively with all staff to tell the story of our work, the work of the friends groups, and to help the public and decision makers better understand the needs of our state parks and forests and how to take action.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Strategy Development: Develop and implement media and marketing campaigns and activities to promote awareness, involvement, and loyalty towards PPFF and our programs.
- Write content for and proofread newsletters, brochures, letters and other materials for grammar, style and content. Be able to form the story of our work to support fundraising endeavors.
- Develop a communication strategy to engage stakeholders in the Preserve our Parks and Forests Campaign with a goal of influencing decision makers to allocate additional funding for park and forest maintenance.
- Use social media platforms to tell our story, engage the public, and take them to action.
- Assist with special event and advocacy day planning, sponsor solicitation, organization, and marketing.
- Plan and coordinate special volunteer days and corporate engagement days; work with chapters in promoting their volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate (and eventually present at) presentations to corporate lunch and learns and to tourism, civic and business clubs for promoting PPFF, the Preserve our Parks and Forests Campaign and the Conservation Heritage Project and build partnerships.
- Prepare annual, project, and initiative communication plans
- Coordinate print media through press releases, media releases, letters-to-the editor, etc
- Work with local chapter friends groups
- Assist the board of directors as needed.
- Assist in implementing the overall PPFF development, membership and strategic plans.
- Develop and maintain wide list of media contacts and respond to media calls in timely manner.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, develop strategies and follow through.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects; ability to work within budget.
- Superb written & verbal skills; able to work successfully in team environment and in small office setting. Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation
- Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, social media required.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings as necessary; travel required.
- Ability to withstand long periods of sitting, extensive computer work; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- BA or BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
Location–Camp Hill, PA
Financial: Hourly rate: $17.00 to $18.25 per hour, 28 hours per week
Benefits: Simple IRA after one year and 1000 hours. Vacation after one year,
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Marci Mowery, 704 Lisburn Road, Suite 102, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: November 4th, 2019, interviews the weeks of November 11th and 18th. Final candidate would be expected to start in December.
Visit the website