Join the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) as we transform energy for the State of Maryland. Through the implementation of the Strategic Energy Investment Fund, you will have an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing Maryland’s clean energy programs.
Responsibilities: Grant Administers provide direct assistance to agency program managers in processing and monitoring applications for MEA grant and rebate programs. This is an entry-level position requiring a high level of organization, common sense, communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality, all while working within a team environment. Grant Administrators are responsible for the following tasks:
- Receiving, reviewing and processing incoming program applications;
- Reviewing and capturing data from hardcopy and electronic applications, as well as supplementary documents;
- Entering both alpha and numeric data from grant documents into spreadsheets and the agency’s program management database;
- Managing and analyzing grant information using the agency’s program management database;
- Reaching out to program applicants and industry associations to gather missing data; and,
- Answering program-related questions via phone and email.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will ideally have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in an energy-related or similar field. Actual experience in the energy industry will be viewed favorably. Applicants should have experience, and be at ease with, meeting and interacting with the public, as well as co-workers, in a professional environment. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills; be well organized; and able to prioritize to meet deadlines. Experience working with MS Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word) required; knowledge and experience with database applications (e.g. Salesforce) will also be viewed favorably.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with “Grant Administrator” in the subject line, to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will receive notification of receipt. Only the top candidates will be invited to interview for the position.
Salary Information: $24- $26 per hour. This is a full time (40-hour workweek) state contractual employee position and accrues partial health and leave benefits.
Click here for more info.