An entrepreneurial, young, strategic nonprofit, ClearPath (501(c)(3)) was established by entrepreneur Jay Faison in 2014. ClearPath develops and advances conservative policies that accelerate clean energy innovation. ClearPath supports flexible low-carbon power sector energy technologies, including next-generation nuclear, hydropower, carbon capture, advanced renewables, and grid-scale energy storage. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy proposals and analysis, provide policy maker education, provided mission-aligned philanthropy, and collaborate with academics and private sector partners. ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American entrepreneurship and those principles form the basis for their advocacy. ClearPath's sister organization, ClearPath Action, is a C4 non-profit organization that advocates for legislation and policy change in line with our principles.
ClearPath is looking for an entrepreneurial recent graduate (either graduate or undergraduate with relevant experience) to join as the inaugural Policy Fellow. The fellow will work to advance the entire suite of clean energy technologies, reporting to the Managing Director of Policy. ClearPath is currently looking for a fellow from June 2019-June 2020. Based on performance and operational openings, fellows may be considered for continued employment within ClearPath or within our network of stakeholders past June 2020, if mutually agreeable. This role will cover special projects across a broad technology portfolio, working closely to collaborate with the team of policy experts already at ClearPath. Additionally, the fellow will gain exposure to the entire ClearPath team and ClearPath's partners to further understand the
role legislative advocacy and communications plays to elevate the federal public policy debate. The Fellow will gain skills in research and analysis, written advocacy, oral advocacy, and how to participate in legislative processes. The Fellow will be an integral part of the ClearPath team and will gain exposure to a variety of activities including attending Hill meetings, working with private sector stakeholders, joint advocacy with other partners, policy analysis and development, and legislative and regulatory research and drafting.
Research and Advising
● Execute research and analysis activities to identify needs and develop legislative approaches to address them.
● Provide high-level, quick, and in-depth analysis of policy, politics and industry trends.
● Provide research insights and quality written products pertaining to ongoing legislative, regulatory, and policy activities on Capitol Hill and across the Executive Branch.
● Identify policy opportunities and help develop strategies alongside ClearPath Government Relations team for policy action.
● Work with partners and grantees to further policy priorities.
● Support the writing of fact sheets, newsletters, op-eds, and educational materials.
● Respond to a variety of special projects with visibility to members of government including the administration and beyond.
● This role will cover a broad portfolio of initiatives related to clean energy innovation and deployment.
● Curiosity: Voracious learner eager to engage with the substantive details of our work
● Abstract Reasoning Ability: Potential to solve problems and understand the logical relationships among concepts.
● Idea Orientation: preference for thinking creatively and generating new ways to solve problems.
● Self-structure: preference for independently determining work methods.
● Thoroughness: The tendency to pay attention to detail.
● Accommodation: Desire to help others.
● Teamwork: Be fun, fast, collaborative, and supportive.
● Dedication: Be here because you want to change the world.
● Ownership: Think and act like owner.
● Adaptability: Be humble and agile.
● Integrity: Believe individual and organizational credibility is everything.
● Entry-level position; Internship experience in policy analysis a plus
● Bachelor Degree in science, energy, environmental management, engineering or public policy preferred.
● Comfort with technology and ability to quickly learn new systems
● Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
● A professional and personal commitment to ClearPath's mission and values
● Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits
● Salary commensurate with experience
● Health, dental, life, disability insurance
Send your resume and a technical writing sample to Andrea Steiner at email@example.com