The American Gas Association, founded in 1918, represents more than 200 local energy companies that deliver clean natural gas throughout the United States. There are more than 74 million residential, commercial and industrial natural gas customers in the U.S., of which 95 percent — more than 70 million customers — receive their gas from AGA members. AGA is an advocate for natural gas utility companies and their customers and provides a broad range of programs and services for member natural gas pipelines, marketers, gatherers, international natural gas companies and industry associates. Today, natural gas meets more than one-fourth of the United States' energy needs.
We are seeking a Clean Energy Analyst who will be responsible for understanding and analyzing natural gas markets and policies to advance the role of natural gas and natural gas utilities in meeting the needs of a clean and secure energy economy. Working with the Energy Analysis team, this analyst will coordinate and collaborate across the Association with a goal of evaluating industry-wide initiatives related to the expansion of efficient thermal applications, renewable natural gas, distributed energy, environmental regulation, and other issues relevant to the Association’s advocacy.
The individual will strategically examine key natural gas clean energy policy developments and structure analysis to understand better the implications of implementing such policies. Responsibilities may include developing and coordinating in the following areas:
• Build the case for natural gas as a foundation fuel and advance meaningful insight relevant to natural gas utility businesses.
• Prepare analytical and policy briefs, white papers, studies, and analyses focused on local gas utility-specific energy issues including direct use, renewable natural gas, distributed energy, environmental regulation, and other topics relevant to the Association’s advocacy.
• Work with natural gas utilities to understand how they can adapt and grow while providing energy solutions in a cleaner, lower-carbon energy economy.
• Develop an understanding of energy markets, gas fundamentals, and the interplay within the small volume, power generation, and industrial natural gas markets.
• Provide analytical support for AGA policy development on clean energy policies and incentives through cross-functional coordination within the Energy Analysis team and the Association more broadly.
• Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities.
• Demonstrate excellent and persuasive written and oral advocacy skills including public speaking.
• Ability to interpret complex technical and economic analysis and communicate its meaning to non-technical audiences (including the media) as well as experts.
• Familiarity with energy policy, legislative, and regulatory processes.
• Comfortable with independent research.
• Strong modeling and computer skills.
Visit the website to learn more!